All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionPrayer And Praying Men by E.M. Bounds focuses on the lives of godly men in the Bible. In this time-hored book, Bounds shows how we can turn to God in prayer-for deliverance-when trouble arises in our lives. Many encouraging stories and examples of prayer, drawn from the Bible, are included as encouragement. E. M. Bounds shows how prayer really does influence the actions of God, and that those who kw God the best are the highest and most powerful in prayer. He also demonstrates how God hears, heeds, answers, and delivers by prayer. Humility, intensity, and boldness are all proper attitudes when praying to God, and saints today can expect deliverance when they pray in the same way as the saints of old. Prayer and Praying Men, ather great title by Bounds, will encourage and challenge you to further improve your prayer life.
- Author BiographyEdward McKendree (E. M.) Bounds, a Methodist minister and devotional writer, born in Shelby County, Missouri in 1835. After studying law, he was admitted to the bar at the age of twenty-one years. After practicing law for three years, Bounds began preaching for the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. At the time of his pastorate at Brunswick, Missouri, war was declared, and he was made a prisoner of war for refusing to take the oath of allegiance to the Federal Government. After release he served as chaplain of the Fifth Missouri regiment [for the Confederate Army] until the close of the war. At that time he was captured and held as prisoner at Nashville, Tennessee. After the war ended, Bounds served as pastor of churches in Tennessee, Alabama, and St. Louis, Missouri. He spent the last seventeen years of his life with his family in Washington, Georgia, writing his 'Spiritual Life Books.'
- Author(s)E M Bounds
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.