Prayers & Presidents - Inspiring Faith from Leaders of the Past by Amerisearch Inc (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.64+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionWent to church and fasted all day. -GEORGE WASHINGTON, Diary Entry, June 1, 1774, day British blockaded Boston's harborFrom George Washington's orders for troops to attend divine services, to Abraham Lincoln's annual day of thanksgiving, to Harry S Truman's annual day of prayer, America's leaders of the past have a tradition of faith, especially in times of crises!There is a chapter on every President of the past, from George Washington through George W. Bush, with excerpts from Proclamations, Addresses to Congress, Executive Orders, Personal Correspondence and Memoirs. Appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions... -THOMAS JEFFERSON, Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776 That the citizens of these States, abstaining on that day from their customary worldly occupations...ackwledge before God the manifold sins and transgressions...as individuals and as a nation, beseeching Him...through the Redeemer of the World, freely to remit all our offenses, and to incline us by His Holy Spirit to that sincere repentance and reformation. -JOHN ADAMS, Day of Fasting declared during a threatened war with France, March 23, 1798 In the present time of public calamity and war a day may be recommended to be observed by the people of the United States as a day of...humble adoration to the Great Sovereign of the Universe, of confessing their sins and transgressions, and of strengthening their vows of repentance. -JAMES MADISON, Day of Fasting, November 16, 1814, after British burned the Capital In a time of war humbly and devoutly to ackwledge our dependence on Almighty God and to implore His aid and protection...I, Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States of America, do hereby...exhort my fellow-citizens...to pray Almighty God that He may forgive our sins. -WOODROW WILSON, Day of Fasting May 11, 1918, during World War I Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion and our civilization...Help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice. -FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT, June 6, 1944, D-Day Prayer on Allied Invasion of Normandy, France America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under. -RONALD REAGAN, August 23, 1984, at Ecumenical Prayer Breakfast, Dallas, TexasA great source of inspiration for any student of history, you will be uplifted and challenged by reading, Prayers & Presidents-Inspiring Faith from Leaders of the Past.
- PublisherAmerisearch Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2010
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSt Louis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerisearch Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight355 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.