All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended to be a guide that promotes prayer for our public schools. The author discusses why prayer is important and then provides daily prayers that can be used by anyone committed to praying for their public school. The prayers in this book place an emphasis on the powerful practice of praying scripture. The book also includes areas that allow the reader to write in their own prayers. After all, prayer should be intensely personal. It is a person's chance to talk with God. This book will be the most powerful when readers become engaged in prayer on a daily basis. Being fully engaged involves listening to what God speaks to your heart during prayer times. Writing out prayers provides an opportunity to express what God is speaking to you in your own words. Our public schools nationwide provide plenty of examples to fuel our worry. We see the headlines of school shootings, teachers who violate students, negative peer pressure, drugs and other influences in the school, and it concerns us. This is especially the case when we kiss our children goodbye and send them in to a public school without us by their side. Join other readers of this book in asking God daily to be with our children and to guide their decision making, to protect their classmates, give their teachers the strength and wisdom needed to teach, and to guide the administration of our public school. Will you make a daily commitment to pray for our public schools? I am fully convinced that God hears our prayers and that this book can help establish a habit of praying for your local public school. Better yet, purchase a copy of the book and share it with your child's teacher or principal and let them kw you are praying for them this year.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Ash Grove, Mo., David is proud to call the Ozarks home. He has a master's degree in communication from Drury University (2001), a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and communication/journalism from Drury University (1988) in Springfield, Mo. and is a graduate of Ash Grove High School (1984) in Ash Grove, Mo. Burton has received numerous writing awards from the National Cooperative Communicators Association, the Missouri Press Association, the Springfield Writer's Guild and others. In 1992, he was the American recipient of Hazel Brannon Smith Scholarship for journalism excellence from the International Society of Weekly Newspaper Editors. David is the author of numerous non-fiction and fiction stories that have been published in both local and regional magazines. Thousands of articles he has written have appeared in magazines, newspapers and professional journals nationwide. David is a member of the Missouri Press Association, Ozarks Press Association, the Southwest Missouri chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists and the Country School Association of America. David and his wife live in Republic, Mo., with their two children and are active at their church, Ridgecrest Baptist Church in Springfield, Mo.
- Author(s)MR David L Burton
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.