All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionMartin Luther's scholastic writings provided the theological foundation for change in the institutional church. Now his sermons reveal that love lies at the heart of biblical interpretation and application. In what he considered one of his greatest works, a collection of sermons called the Church Postil, Luther explained how the biblical texts applied to the practice of daily living. By reading a sermon excerpt with the scripture text that gave rise to it and the resulting prayer as your daily devotion, you'll discover what gave Luther the courage to challenge the church like young David faced Goliath. You'll come away with a clear understanding of the freedom the gospel imparts, learn to discover the viability of any law by passing it through the filter of love, and discover that the truest expression of faith and love for God is found in loving one's neighbor.
- Author BiographyPaul Meier received his Masters of Divinity degree from Vanderbilt Divinity School and Masters of Sacred Theology degree from Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary. He was ordained as a Lutheran pastor in 2004 and has served nine years in parish ministry. He is a member of the board of directors for Trinity/HOPE, an organization that feeds children in Haiti (www.trinityhope.org). He also serves as the chairperson in his synod for the ELCA Malaria Campaign in an effort to eradicate malaria from third world countries. He recently released a new book, In Living Color: The Lord's Prayer - giving a deeper look into this timeless and universal prayer. He plans to release a book of guided meditations using one of the methods of Ignatius of Loyola.
- Author(s)Paul W Meier
- PublisherMalcolm Creek Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMalcolm Creek Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.