All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionWesley Allen offers a helpful book that provides preachers with strategies to preach the lectionary season by season so that sermons build upon each other week to week. Allen defines the concept of cumulative preacing and explores the relationship between the different lessons for each Sunday, for each season, and for each year. A useful resource for both preaching and worship planning, Preaching and Reading the Lectionary examines the relationship between the readings called for by the Revised Common Lectionary while explaining the three dimensions of the lectionary: Width, the relationship between the lessons preached on a given Sunday; height, the relationship between the lessons preached on consecutive Sundays; and depth, the relationship between the lessons preached in different years. The included CD-ROM complements the cumulative preaching strategies with brief explanations of each liturgical year, season, Sunday, and individual lection. They are written to help the congregation view the larger biblical, liturgical, and lectionary contexts and connections. These can be printed in the bulletin or read aloud in worship.
- Author BiographyO. Wesley Allen, Jr. is the Associate Professor of Homiletics and Worship at Lexington Theological Seminary. An ordained United Methodist elder, he has served as a pastor and campus minister. He is the author of several books, including Good News from Tinyville, Preaching Resurrection, Reading the Synoptic Gospels, and Preaching and Reading the Lectionary.
- Author(s)Dr O Wesley Allen
- PublisherChalice Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationSaint Louis, MO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChalice Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight381 g
- Width162 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.