All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to Kenton Anderson, professor of homiletics at ACTS Seminaries of Trinity Western University, this volume represents a powerful tool because it offers a new (actually old) model of preaching. For centuries, preaching has been shaped from a literary standpoint (i.e., reading, writing, outlining, and displaying sermons), but a premodern method of oral preparation and delivery has largely been forgotten. Preaching by Ear hearkens back to an earlier era when sermons were rooted inside the preacher and moved out in a natural and powerful way.
- Author BiographyDave McClellan is senior pastor of The Chapel at Tinkers Creek in Streetsboro, Ohio, and an adjunct professor at Indiana Wesleyan University s Cleveland campus and at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School s Akron campus. He received a B.S. in communication from Grace College and a Master of Divinity from Denver Seminary before completing a PhD in rhetoric and communication from Duquesne University. Dave has served as an editor for Homiletics and contributed to the Journal of the Evangelical Homiletic Society, Leadership Journal, and Preaching Today. He lives in Aurora, Ohio, with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Dave McClellan
- PublisherWeaver Book Company
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeaver Book Company
- Weight218 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.