All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe impact of globalization is widespread, affecting every sector of society, and the Church is t immune from such influence. Churches are awakening to diversifying pews and finding it difficult to insist on strict homogeneity. This shift in congregational composition has raised homiletical challenges for preachers who need to learn to effectively minister the Word in culturally diverse situations. This book offers multiethnic congregations a homiletical paradigm under the title -positive marginality-. The paradigm includes the five principles of positive marginality: Embrace, Engage, Establish, Embody, and Exhibit. This paradigm is measured against seven preachers currently preaching in multiethnic churches in six different countries. These preachers offer valuable insights and suggest a positive correlation between the proposed paradigm and the homiletical practice of the preachers in multiethnic congregations. This book will serve well for pastors, preaching professors, seminary students, and seasoned preachers alike.
- Author BiographyHaving grown up in different parts of the world, Woosung Calvin Choi has acquired a unique cultural background and is fluent in English, Korean, Persian, and Turkish. A graduate of Woodstock School in Mussoorie, India, Choi completed his undergraduate degree in engineering at Boston University. After working as an engineer, he sensed a call to ministry and entered Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia where he received an MDiv. He holds a ThM from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and a PhD in homiletics from London School of Theology, United Kingdom. He currently serves as the Senior Pastor of Watertown Evangelical Church in Watertown, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Woosung Calvin Choi
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number349
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight380 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.