All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionGBPpread was a magazine by and for sex workers. The only one of its kind, it championed prostitute rights and provided a platform where sex workers could have a voice. Over the six years of its existence, it built a tangible community across the US made up of women and men facing injustice and discrimination. Filled with essays, photographs and stories, the new GBPpread anthology brings together the best of the magazine that illuminated the sex industry and started a media revolution.
- Author BiographyRachel Aimee cofounded $pread magazine in 2004 and was an editor-in-chief for four and a half years. Now a parent and freelance copy editor, she also organizes for strippers' rights with We Are Dancers. She lives in Brooklyn. Eliyanna Kaiser is a former executive editor of $pread magazine. She is currently raising her two children in Manhattan. In her spare time, she writes fiction. Audacia Ray is the founder and executive director of the Red Umbrella Project (RedUP), a peer-led organization in New York that amplifies the voices of people in the sex trades through media, storytelling, and advocacy programs. At RedUP, she publishes the literary journal Prose & Lore: Memoir Stories About Sex Work. She is the author of Naked on the Internet: Hookups, Downloads, and Cashing in On Internet Sexploration and has contributed to many anthologies. She joined the $pread staff in 2004 and was an executive editor from 2005 to 2008.
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight533 g
- Width152 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAudacia Ray,Eliyanna Kaiser,Rachel Aimee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.