Precalculus by Karla Neal, Jeff Hughes, R. Gustafson, Ben Senson, Jasen Ritter (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $477.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPRECALCULUS prepares learners for calculus and the rigors of that course, having been written by teachers who have taught the courses and seen where learners need help--and where other texts have come up short. The text features precise definitions and exposition, carefully crafted pedagogy, and a strong emphasis on algebraic, transcendental, and trigonometric functions. To show readers how important and relevant precalculus topics are to their future coursework, an optional Looking Ahead to Calculus feature appears in each chapter. The varied examples and exercises include many that encourage readers to use and understand graphs, as opposed to simply draw them, providing additional sound preparation for calculus.
- Author BiographyKarla Neal received two degrees in mathematics from Louisiana State University and has been an instructor in the department of Mathematics for 31 years. During that time, she has served as the coordinator for College Trigonometry for more than 15 years. She has received three campus-wide teaching awards, and has served as a faculty advisor for several Christian campus organizations. Karla is an avid fan of the LSU Tigers. When she is not on campus, she is very active in her church, Healing Place Church in Baton Rouge, and can often be found on the golf course. At home, there are two dogs, Winston and Josie, waiting patiently. Jeff Hughes has taught the college algebra course continually for the past 20 years, and his firsthand experience with students lends itself to the innovative ideas he has brought to the text. He has led the way for the addition of the new features and the revised content in COLLEGE ALGEBRA, 10E. He teaches at Hinds Community College in Mississippi. R. David Gustafson is Professor Emeritus of Mathematics at Rock Valley College in Illinois and has also taught extensively at Rockford College and Beloit College. He is coauthor of several best-selling mathematics textbooks, including Gustafson/Frisk/Hughes' COLLEGE ALGEBRA, Gustafson/Karr/Massey's BEGINNING ALGEBRA, INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA, BEGINNING AND INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA, BEGINNING AND INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA: A COMBINED APPROACH, and the Tussy/Gustafson and Tussy/Gustafson/Koenig developmental mathematics series. His numerous professional honors include Rock Valley Teacher of the Year and Rockford's Outstanding Educator of the Year. He has been very active in AMATYC as a Midwest Vice-president and has been President of IMACC, AMATYC's Illinois affiliate. He earned a Master of Arts from Rockford College in Illinois, as well as a Master of Science from Northern Illinois University.
- Author(s)Ben Senson,Jasen Ritter,Jeff Hughes,Karla Neal,R. Gustafson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date17/06/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour line drawings, figures
- Weight2041 g
- Width225 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.