All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with detailed examples and illustrations, PRECISION MACHINING TECHNOLOGY, 2e delivers the ideal introduction to today's machine tool industry, equipping readers with a solid understanding of fundamental and intermediate machining skills. Now fully integrated with MindTap--an online, highly personalized learning resource--it provides learners with the most interactive and engaging experience available. The text is completely aligned with the National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Machining Level I Standard and fully supports the achievement of NIMS credentials. It also carries NIMS' exclusive endorsement and recommendation for use in NIMS-accredited Machining Programs. More comprehensive than ever, the Second Edition includes new coverage of cutting tools, teamwork, leadership, and more. The text continues to provide an emphasis on safety throughout and offers thorough coverage of such topics as the basics of hand tools, job planning, benchwork, layout operations, drill press, milling and grinding processes, and CNC. A companion Workbook/Shop Manual provides helpful review material to ensure readers have mastered key concepts while guided practice operations and projects on a wide range of machine tools will enhance their NIMS credentialing success. Time-saving instructor resources are available at the Instructor Companion Site for the text. The carefully created resources include: PowerPoint chapter presentations with selected images, an Image Library containing images from the book, an Answer Key for both the Textbook and Workbook, and a NIMS Duties and Standards Correlation Grid. Also available with the text is a link to Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want.
- Author BiographyPeter J. Hoffman teaches at Berks Career and Technology Center West in Leesport, Pennsylvania. He has an Associate in Applied Sciences Degree in Machine Tool Technology from the Pennsylvania College of Technology, Vocational Education Level II certification from Temple University, and National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Level II certifications. Eric S. Hopewill teaches at Berks Career and Technology Center West in Leesport, Pennsylvania. He has an Associate in Applied Sciences Degree in Tool Technology from the Pennsylvania College of Technology and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from Albright College. Mr. Hopewell also has National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Machining Level I certifications. Brian Janes teaches at Bowling Green Technical College in Bowling Green, Kentucky. He has an Associate in Science Degree from Vincennes University, a Bachelor of Science Degree from Western Kentucky University, and a Master of Science Degree from Murray State University. Mr. Janes also has National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Machining Level I certifications.
- Author(s)Brian Janes,Eric S. Hopewell,Peter Hoffman
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1840 g
- Width224 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.