All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionAccurate predictions are essential in many areas such as corporate decision making, weather forecasting and techlogy forecasting. Prediction markets help to aggregate information and gain a better understanding of the future by leveraging the wisdom of the crowds. Trading prices in prediction markets thus reflect the traders' aggregated expectations on the outcome of uncertain future events and can be used to predict the likelihood of these events. This book demonstrates that markets are accurate predictors. Results from several empirical studies reported in this work show the importance of designing such markets properly in order to derive valuable predictions. Therefore, the findings are valuable for designing future prediction markets.
- Author BiographyDr. Stefan Luckner works as an IT strategy consultant for a leading management consulting company. Dr. Jan Schroder is co-founder of KENFORX, a company providing methods for collective intelligence like prediction markets. Dr. Christian Slamka works as a consultant in strategic IT management projects in the telecom industry.
- Author(s)Andreas Geyer-Schulz,Bernd Skiera,Christian Slamka,Christof Weinhardt,Jannick Schroder,Martin Spann,Stefan Luckner
- PublisherSpringer Fachmedien Wiesbaden
- Date of Publication05/11/2011
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationWeisbaden
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintGWV Fachverlage GmbH
- Content Note31 black & white tables, biography
- Weight210 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.