All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionWisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom; and with all thy getting, get understanding. Proverbs 4:7 In the early chapters of the book of Proverbs there is a strong emphasis on three words: kwledge, understanding, and wisdom. Perhaps we can apply these words to our philosophy behind the techlogy of Predictive Process Control. Kwledge is the accumulation of information provided by education as we begin to store the data in our brains that should prepare us for the challenges of the manufacturing environment. It applies to every level and every opportunity of education, formal and informal. This is simply to Kw, without any requirement except a good memory, and is the basis for the following two thoughts. Understanding is the assimilation of kwledge, or the thinking process, as we begin to arrange and rearrange the data we Kw for quick recall as it may be needed. This also applies to every level and opportunity of education. It is Kw-Why based upon what we Kw, and it requires some scepticism of oversimplified answers and a hunger for mental consistency. Wisdom is the application of both kwledge and understanding in real life enterprises. As we apply both our kwledge and understanding in those situations, all three are further enhanced by each progressive experience. This is that wonderful Kw-How - to apply our education based upon Kw-why, which was based upon Kwledge - which provides the confidence we need to advance in all phases of performance.
- Author(s)Dennis R. Dinger,James E. Funk
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1246 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.