All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume assembles a stellar group of scholars and experts to examine preferential trade agreements (PTAs), a topic that has time and again attracted the interest of analysts. It presents a discussion of the evolving ecomic analysis regarding PTAs and the various dysfunctions that continually place them among the priority items for (re)negotiation by the WTO. The book explores recent empirical research that casts doubt on the old 'trade diversion' school and debates why the WTO should deal with PTAs and if PTAs belong under the mandate of the WTO as we w kw it.
- Author BiographyKyle W. Bagwell is the Donald L. Lucas Professor of Economics at Stanford University. Professor Bagwell was a reporter for the American Law Institute in its study Principles of International Trade: The WTO. He serves as well as a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research (International Trade Program). In his research, Professor Bagwell uses economic analysis to interpret and evaluate the design of the WTO. He is a Fellow of the Econometric Society. Petros C. Mavroidis is the Edwin B. Parker Professor of Law at Columbia Law School, New York. He also serves as Professor of Law at the University of Neuchatel and is Research Fellow at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), London. He specializes in the law and the WTO and serves as the Legal Advisor to the WTO in the Technical Cooperation Division, where he assists developing countries in WTO dispute settlement proceedings. He was also the chief co-reporter of the American Law Institute project Principles of International Trade: The WTO.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note9 b/w illus. 26 tables
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKyle W. Bagwell,Petros C. Mavroidis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.