All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionDeath and dying were t in the main focus of the deminational conflicts of the 16th century. However, pious literature covered these topics again and again, t only before the Reformation, but after it as well. Here, certain deminational differences are clearly visible. Partly, these differences consist in the use of genres: for example, funeral sermons are an often used genre among Lutherans, while they are much rarer in the Reformed tradition. Similar differences can be observed concerning epitaphs. In Roman Catholic areas, funeral sermons and epitaphs are common in the 16th century, too; but their religious function is often a different from the one in Lutheranism. Beyond such interdeminational differences, there are also interesting continuities and connections which the contributors of the volume analyze. For example, there is a certain continuity between 16th century Lutheran funeral sermons and the late medieval tradition of ars moriendi. The volume contains papers presented at the Second RefoRC Conference in Oslo in 2012, and is characterized by a multiconfessional and multidisciplinary approach, with contributions from Church History, Art History, Archaeology, History of Literature and Cultural History. Within a field of research dominated by specialized contributions (e.g. on ars moriendi traditions or on specific traditions of funeral monuments and funeral sermons), the broad approach of this volume may further stimulate to comparative and cross-confessional reflection.
- Author BiographyJon FlAeten is an adviser employed by the Norwegian Research Council. Tarald Rasmussen is Professor of Church History at the Faculty of Theology, University of Oslo.
- PublisherVandenhoeck & Ruprecht GmbH & Co KG
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleRefo500 Academic Studies (R5as)
- Series Part/Volume Number22
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintVandenhoeck & Ruprecht GmbH & Co KG
- Weight653 g
- Edited byJon Oygarden Flaeten,Tarald Rasmussen
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.