All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionFrom concept to completion, your church will t undertake a more demanding or complicated task in terms of money, risk, and effort than it will in a building program. Preparing to Build will educate and guide the church through the process of becoming prepared to build in a manner that will save time and reduce costly mistakes. They don't teach this in seminary and most church leaders are unequipped by experience or training to lead their church through a building program in the most optimum manner. Being prepared to build, in its simplest terms, means the church has objectively quantified as many of the variables as possible and developed a building plan strategy within the financial ability of the church. A church that is prepared to build can articulate, based on factual analysis, what it needs to build to meet future needs, it understands the cost of construction, has measured its financial ability, and kws the vision can be built on the selected property. It's about the process. The result of an objective process is objective fact. In the absence of an objective process, all a church is left with is subjective opinion, and in a church of a few hundred people, you will have a few hundred opinions. Preparing to Build discusses the process from visioning to selecting a builder and discusses topics including: space planning, design, financing, capital campaigns, land acquisition, organizing a building committee, and special information for smaller or start-up churches. The book concludes with several appendices, including a readiness to build assessment.
- Author BiographySteve Anderson has served his church in a variety of roles, including: administrator, treasurer, building committee chairperson, capital campaign chairperson, and small group leader. He also currently volunteers as a church building consultant for the NC Baptist Convention. Since 1999, Steve has ministered to churches large and small as they prepared for building and capital stewardship programs. He is the founder of AMI Church Consulting which was merged into Church Development Services in 2010. As a partner at Church Development Services, LLC, Steve serves as the director of the church consulting division. He is a seminar speaker, webinar host, and has been a contributing editor for various church industry magazines.
- Author(s)MR Stephen Anderson
- PublisherAnderson Marketing, Incorporated
- Date of Publication28/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnderson Marketing, Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.