Preschool Pathways to Science (PrePS): Facilitating Scientific Ways of Thinking, Talking, Doing, and Understanding by Rochel Gelman, Gay Macdonald, Moises Roman, Kimberly Brenneman (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.65+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo ensure they're meeting state early learning guidelines for science, preschool educators need fun, age-appropriate, and research-based ways to teach young children about scientific concepts. That's just what they'll get with this hands-on guidebook! The basis for the PBS kids show Sid the Science Kid , this invative teaching resource helps children ages 3-5 investigate their everyday world and develop the basics of scientific thinking - skills they'll apply across subject areas when they enter school. A fun and engaging way to introduce science to young children, PrePS[trademark] is a must-have because it is based on the domain-specific approach to cognitive development. The collaborative work of cognitive researchers and preschool educators, this approach incorporates lessons learned from developmental research and classroom experience. It provides age-appropriate introduction to key science practices (see sidebar). It supports a range of cognitive and social skills. PrePS[trademark] uses science to help children develop math skills, early literacy and language skills, and social and emotional sensitivity. It taps teachers' creativity. Because PrePS[trademark] is designed to energize teachers and tap in to their personal creativity, teachers who already use the PrePS[trademark] approach have reported an increase in professional satisfaction. This reader-friendly guide gives educators the guidance they need to work PrePS[trademark] into their existing program; sample schedules designed for the preschool classroom; and, detailed sample activities they can do right away or use as templates for their own creative lessons. And with the book's assessment guidelines, teachers will kw PrePS[trademark] is having a measurable effect on the classroom environment and student learning.
- Author BiographyGay Macdonald is Executive Director for Early Care and Education, Krieger Center, UCLA.</p> Moises Roman is Curriculum Coordinator for Early Care and Education, Krieger Center, UCLA.</p>
- Author(s)Gay Macdonald,Kimberly Brenneman,Moises Roman,Rochel Gelman
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $108.51
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.