All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionIn shaping choral tone, directors often wish to improve the sound of their choir, but are challenged to pinpoint underlying problems or to guide singers toward solutions. Now, in Prescriptions for Choral Excellence, skilled vocal pedagogue Shirlee Emmons and leading choral director Constance Chase equip choral directors with the practical tools they need to help singers achieve peak choral performance. Drawing on years of experience, Emmons and Chase help choral directors and singers effectively diagse and resolve problems. They cover topics ranging from breath management and diction to range and intonation, and much more. Beyond describing vocal difficulties, the book provides concrete instructions on how to apply the concepts in day-to-day rehearsal and performance. The numerous practical exercises and planning aides allow directors to maximize both time and talent to elicit the highest potential from their singers. While grounded in the most up-to-date research in voice science, the discussion of vocal anatomy and function is accessible to readers with previous kwledge of voice science. Going beyond other vocal and choral guidebooks, the authors also apply the most current theories in leadership principles and group dynamics to choral settings, helping directors translate their natural musicality and charisma into inspiring and motivational leadership. A comprehensive and unique blend of practical expertise, voice science, and leadership psychology, Prescriptions for Choral Excellence is an invaluable guide for all choral directors seeking to create memorable and remarkable performances.
- Author BiographyShirlee Emmons is a voice teacher of considerable renown. She has taught at Columbia, Princeton, Boston, and Rutgers Universities, as well as at universities in Korea and Austria. She is author of Tristanissimo and co-author of The Art of the Song Recital, and Power Performance for Singers. She is an Obie award-winning singer and the first and only female Chair of the prestigious American Academy of Teachers of Singing. Constance Chase is a conductor and voice teacher noted for her expertise in training choirs and singers in vocal technique and performance. As Director of the Cadet Glee Club, United States Military Academy at West Point, she conducts scores of concerts, live national television appearances, and recordings for film and commercial release.
- Author(s)Constance Chase,Shirlee Emmons
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note46 music examples, tables
- Weight638 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.