All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- Description<b>An unforgettable collection of a master storyteller's final works</b> Throughout his life, Arthur Miller, one of the foremost dramatists of the twentieth century, wrote highly regarded fiction?from his early vel Focus to two collections, <i>I Don't Need You Anymore</i> and <i>Homely Girl</i>. In <i>Presence</i>, a posthumous gathering of his last published stories, he reveals the same profound insight, humanism, and empathy that characterized his great dramatic works. The six stories included here have all appeared in major publications and each displays all the assuredness of an artist in his autumnal prime. <i>Presence</i> is a gift that all fans of Miller's work, as well as readers of contemporary fiction, will applaud.
- Author Biography<b>Arthur Miller</b> was born in New York City in 1915 and studied at the University of Michigan. His plays include <b>All My Sons</b> (1947), <b>Death of a Salesman</b> (1949), <b>The Crucible</b> (1953), <b>A View from the Bridge</b> and <b>A Memory of Two Mondays</b> (1955), <b>After the Fall</b> (1963), <b>Incident at Vichy</b> (1964), <b>The Price</b> (1968), <b>The Creation of the World and Other Business</b> (1972) and <b>The American Clock</b>. He has also written two novels, <b>Focus</b> (1945), and <b>The Misfits</b>, which was filmed in 1960, and the text for <b>In Russia</b> (1969), <b>Chinese Encounters</b> (1979), and <b>In the Country</b> (1977), three books of photographs by his wife, Inge Morath. More recent works include a memoir, <b>Timebends</b> (1987), and the plays <b>The Ride Down Mt. Morgan</b> (1991), <b>The Last Yankee</b> (1993), <b>Broken Glass</b> (1993), which won the Olivier Award for Best Play of the London Season, and <b>Mr. Peter's Connections</b> (1998). His latest book is <b>On Politics and the Art of Acting</b>. Miller was granted with the 2001 Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. He has twice won the New York Drama Critics Circle Award, and in 1949 he was awarded the Pulitzer Prize.
- Author(s)Arthur Miller
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication02/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight141 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.