Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionRecent research on learning from multimedia presentations has indicated that the current way many people prepare their slide presentations may actually hinder learning. Considering the ubiquity of the PowerPoint presentation in business and in education, presenters should be concerned whether or t their audience members are effectively receiving the information they wish to impart. This issue is of special import for librarians who teach, as they often must convey complex information in a very limited amount of time. Combining the best evidence on multimedia learning with real-world practical guidelines, this book aims to provide vice and expert presenters alike with the tools they need to ensure an effective, learner-centred presentation.
- Author BiographyLee Andrew Hilyer is Coordinator of Interlibrary Loan Services for the University of Houston Libraries. Prior to that, he was Assistant Director for Photocopy/Interlibrary Loan Services at the Houston Academy of Medicine, Texas Medical Center Library where he developed the curricula for both beginner and advanced presentation skills classes. He has published two books on Interlibrary Loans.
- Author(s)Lee Hilyer
- PublisherWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationWitney
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/01/2017
- Weight470 g
- Edition StatementAnnotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.