All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.87
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.53
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.81
About this product
- DescriptionGiven the splendours of Angkor Thom together with ather 90 temple sites within the Angkor Archaeological Park, it is wonder that Cambodia is dubbed the 'Kingdom of Wonder'. In its listing, UNESCO described Angkor as 'an exceptional testimony to a lost civilization'. But Cambodia is also a revitalized modern country with new infrastructure and many living traditions, as well as stunning countryside and quiet beaches. Mick Shippen's informative and entertaining text illustrated by his distinctive and highly personal photography present a wide-ranging introduction to the many facets of Cambodia for resident and visitor alike. The main text is accompanied by sidebars or box stories that highlight details of particular interest, provide anecdotal information and give a lively and reader-friendly look to the book. The book is divided into two parts, the first part giving an overview of the landscapes, people, history, modern ecomy and culture of Cambodia, and the second looking in detail at the five main regions: Phm Penh and Around; the North-west; Siem Reap and Angkor; the South Coast and the East.
- Author BiographyMick Shippen is a freelance writer and award-winning photographer who has lived in Thailand since 1997, first in the northern city of Chiang Mai and currently in Bangkok. He travels extensively throughout Asia conducting research for articles and taking photographs for local and international publications. He is also the author of Enchanting Thailand, Enchanting Myanmar, Enchanting Laos, Enchanting Cambodia, Enchanting Bangkok and Enchanting Chiang Mai & Northern Thailand, all published by John Beaufoy Publishing.
- Author(s)Mick Shippen
- PublisherJohn Beaufoy Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Beaufoy Publishing Ltd
- Content Notec250 colour photographs
- Weight1016 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.