All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the guiding principles of presenting data in evidence-based ways so that audiences are effectively engaged and researchers are better understood, Evergreen's exciting new book offers the best communication strategies available to anyone working with data. Indeed, with this highly accessible step-by-step guide, anyone-from students developing a research poster for a school project to faculty and researchers presenting data findings at a conference-can learn how to present and communicate their research findings in more interesting and effective ways. Evergreen draws on her extensive experience in the study of research reporting, interdisciplinary evaluation, and data visualization, as well as from diverse interdisciplinary fields, including vision science, cognitive psychology, communications, and graphic design, to extract tangible and practical data-reporting communication lessons and insights. She then teaches readers how to apply those guiding principles to the design of data presentations to make it easier for the audience to understand, remember, and use data.
- Author BiographyDr. Stephanie Evergreen is an internationally-recognized speaker, designer, and researcher. She is best known for bringing a research-based approach to helping researcher better communicate their work through more effective graphs, slides, and reports. She holds a PhD from Western Michigan University in interdisciplinary evaluation, which included a dissertation on the extent of graphic design use in written research reporting. Dr. Evergreen has trained researchers worldwide through keynote presentations and workshops, for clients including Time, Verizon, Head Start, American Institutes for Research, Rockefeller Foundation, Brookings Institute, and the United Nations. She is the 2015 recipient of the American Evaluation Association's Guttentag award, given for notable accomplishments early in a career. Dr. Evergreen is co-editor and co-author of two issues of New Directions for Evaluation on data visualization. She writes a popular blog on data presentation at StephanieEvergreen.com. Her books Presenting Data Effectively, first edition, and Effective Data Visualization, both hit #1 on Amazon bestseller lists.
- Author(s)Stephanie D. H. Evergreen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.