All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- Description25 delicious recipes for jams, jellies, curds, pickles, and chutneys. Preserves and pickles are the added extra in life, the relish to the meal, the fruity kick to your morning toast, the squidgy filling in your cake and the sweet hit that makes afteron tea such a treat. You only have to look on the shelves of the smartest delicatessens to see that making jams and jellies has never been so popular, with flavours and combinations that range from the traditional tried-and-tested recipes to the more adventurous and exotic. Jam- and jelly-making and food preservation have always been an important household craft and an essential part of the culinary calendar. Here Gloria Nicol offers 25 recipes to make the most of a glut, when fruits and vegetables are at their best and cheapest - whether you cultivate your own produce, set out on pick-your-own expeditions or shop at the local farmers' market. In essence, this is a great way of appreciating the seasons and capturing times of plenty in a bottle; that moment when you twist the lid and pop open the seal on the jar releases a glorious memory of a bountiful time.
- Author BiographyGloria Nicol is a journalist and photographer. She has written features for many leading magazines and has authored a number of lifestyle books. After 30 years of city life, relocation to a rural setting has given Gloria the opportunity to live 'the good life' for real. Gloria runs the online company The Laundry, selling vintage homeware and linens, as well as writing the excellent online blog www.laundryetc.co.uk.
- Author(s)Gloria Nicol
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note50 col photographs
- Weight337 g
- Width190 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUS edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.