All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionCultural history enthusiasts have asserted the urgent need to protect digital information from imminent loss. This book describes methodology for long-term preservation of all kinds of digital documents. It justifies this methodology using 20th century theory of kwledge communication, and outlines the requirements and architecture for the software needed. The author emphasizes attention to the perspectives and the needs of end users.
- Author BiographyHenry M. Gladney is an industry consultant for digital preservation and document management. In 2001, he founded his own company, HMG Consulting, based in Saratoga, CA, after having worked for IBM Research for decades, designing - among other systems - a digital library service that is the core of today's IBM Content Manager(R). He is a regular author in the top ACM periodicals, holds eleven patents, and produces the Digital Document Quarterly , an online newsletter that has discussed preservation extensively.
- Author(s)Henry M. Gladney
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight528 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.