All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe presidency is a special office. Along with the vice president, the victorious candidate is our only nationally elected official, and the position has come to symbolize American government worldwide. In many ways, the office is greater than the people who have occupied it. In the 200-plus years of our nation's history, the presidency has grown and evolved dramatically. With the exception of Abraham Lincoln and Andrew Jackson, the nineteenth-century office holders exerted little executive power and mostly deferred to Congress on domestic affairs. Teddy Roosevelt began to change all that, and FDR completed the transformation with his New Deal, laying the foundations for the modern presidency. With the onset of the Cold War, the imperial presidency was in full bloom, and after a brief lull, the government's response to the war on terror has given the office new and unprecedented powers. Undoubtedly w the presidency is t only the most powerful and important job in the United States, but arguably in the world. Presidents' Most Wanted celebrates the office, the people who inhabited it, and the process of winning it, with thirty-five chapters packed full of all sorts of presidential trivia. It covers everything from elections to first ladies to blunders and triumphs, and gives the reader an in-depth look at the most powerful person in the world.
- Author BiographyNick Ragone is a public relations executive in New York City. He earned a bachelor's degree in history and political science from Rutgers University and is a graduate of the Eagleton Institute of Political Science at Rutgers University and the Georgetown University Law Center. His previous books include The Everything American Government Book: From the Constitution to Present-Day Elections, All You Need to Understand Our Democratic System. He lives in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Nick Ragone
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleMost Wanted
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotomac Books Inc
- Content Note10 b&w photos
- Weight308 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.