All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWith a new preface by the author, a former director of the White House Situation Room and seasoned journalist, presidential decision making over the course of twelve modern presidencies. In Presidents in Crisis, former director of the Situation Room Michael Bohn invites the reader inside the White House during seventeen grave international emergencies handled by the presidents from Truman to Obama. From North Korea's invasion of South Korea to the revolutions of the Arab Spring and Syria's use of chemical weapons, and from the Cuban missile crisis to George W. Bush's response to the attacks of September 11, 2001, Bohn walks us step-by-step through each crisis in narratives that convey the drama of unfolding events and the stakes of confrontation when a misstep can mean catastrophe. He lays out the key players and personalities as well as the moral and political calculations that our leaders have had to make. In doing so, he provides a fascinating insider's look at modern presidential decision making and the fundamental role in it of human frailty. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in history--books about World War II, the Third Reich, Hitler and his henchmen, the JFK assassination, conspiracies, the American Civil War, the American Revolution, gladiators, Vikings, ancient Rome, medieval times, the old West, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyMichael K. Bohn, director of the White House Situation Room under President Ronald Reagan, is a freelance contributor to the Washington Post Magazine, McClatchy Newspapers, and the Tribune News Service. He has been interviewed for this book on TV and radio and has appeared in documentaries on the History Channel and Discovery Channel. He lives in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Author(s)Michael K. Bohn
- PublisherArcade Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcade Publishing
- Content Note18 color photos, 18 B&W photos, maps, charts
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.