All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $19.79
About this product
- DescriptionAn entertaining story from former children's laureate Anne Fine, perfect for children learning to read. Nicky, Tasha and Joe's mum leaves for work early one day and she leaves instructions for them on a cassette-player - all they have to do is press play! Nicky and Tasha must get themselves ready for school and get baby Joe ready for playgroup without waking Dad! They have to get dressed, make porridge for breakfast and find Joe's toy rabbit. Then they have to creep into Dad's bedroom and set the alarm clock for him. But it is very hard to get ready quietly, especially when your baby brother is crying for his toy rabbit! The Reading Ladder series helps children to enjoy learning to read. It features well-loved authors, classic characters and favourite topics, so that children will find something to excite and engage them in every title they pick up. It's the first step towards a lasting love of reading. Level 3 Reading Ladder titles are perfect for fluent readers who are beginning to read exciting, challenging stories independently. It features: varied sentences; detailed illustrations to enjoy; chapters; interesting characters and themes; a rich range of vocabulary; and, more complex storylines to stretch confident readers. All Reading Ladder titles are developed with a leading literacy consultant, making them perfect for use in schools and for parents keen to support their children's reading. Book band: White.
- Author BiographyA great favourite for discussions in reading groups, Anne Fine's work has been published in over forty-five languages. Despite this, she remains best known in her home country, Britain, as a writer principally for children. She has twice won both the Carnegie Medal and the Whitbread Awards, the Guardian Children's Book Prize and numerous other prizes and awards. She was the second Children's Laureate from 2001-3, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, and was awarded an OBE for services to children's literature. Anne Fine is an entertaining and engaging speaker on the subject of books and reading, and is in demand the world over for her tireless enthusiasm, common sense approach to literacy, and for the deliciously wicked humour that permeates all her writing. Find out more about Anne's dual lives at www.annefine.co.uk Joelle Dreidemy has illustrated books by renowned authors such as Anne Fine and Vivian French. She has also illustrated greeting cards for Waterstone's. Joelle lives in France and she is known to her friends as Jo-Jo! Series consultant Nikki Gamble is the director of Just Imagine, a specialist resource and training centre for Primary English. She is Associate Consultant at the University of London, Institute of Education.
- Author(s)Anne Fine
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleReading Ladder
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont UK
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width145 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joelle Dreidemy
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.