All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>100 foolproof pressure-cooker recipes that will change the way you cook. </b> InPressure Cooker Perfection, the first volume in our new test kitchen handbook series, the editors at America's Test Kitchen demystify an appliance that to many home cooks remains intimidating -- but shouldn't. Modern pressure cookers are safer, quieter, more reliable, and more user-friendly than old-fashioned jiggle-top models. And they can prepare a wide range of foods -- everything from barbecue to risotto -- in record time. Cooking under pressure results in better-tasting dishes because every drop of flavor is trapped in the sealed pot. This fact, combined with the shorter cooking time, means that your dishes will be supercharged with flavor. And cooking under pressure is versatile. While they're ideal for roasts and stews, pressure cookers can also turn out perfectly tender beans, grains, and legumes in short order. If ever there was a cooking method that could benefit from the obsessive trial and error that our test kitchen is kwn for, this is it. When cooking time is compressed, every minute matters, and when flavors are amplified, even a small change becomes significant. We ran hundreds of tests in fifteen pressure cookers to find out what works and what doesn't, and we deliver the foolproof, guaranteed-successful recipes inPressure Cooker Perfection.With this foolproof guide to cooking under pressure, every home cook will be guaranteed success.
- Author BiographyThis book has been tested, written, and edited by the test cooks, editors, food scientists, tasters, and cookware specialists at America s Test Kitchen, a 2,500-square-foot kitchen located just outside Boston. It is the home ofCook s Illustratedmagazine andCook s Countrymagazine, the public television cooking showsAmerica s Test KitchenandCook s Country from America s Test Kitchen, America s Test Kitchen Radio, and the online America s Test Kitchen Cooking School.
- PublisherAmerica's Test Kitchen
- Date of Publication15/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerica's Test Kitchen
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width201 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAmerica's Test Kitchen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.