Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $30.38Trending at AU $33.91
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $33.75Trending at AU $34.41
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionMaria Holmes, author of the AMAZON BEST SELLER Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipe Book: 30 Easy Set It & Forget It Meals returns with her newest cookbook: Pressure Cooker Recipe Book: Fast Cooking Under Extreme Pressure. Having shared the many advantages of slow-cooking in her last book, Maria is w pleased to share the equally beneficial joys of pressure cooking. Pressure cookers have been vilified first for their lack of safety and then ridiculed for their crocheting granny recipes. Now equipped with new safety mechanisms, today's pressure cookers are safer than ever. And as you will discover in this cookbook, gone are the days of the bland and uninspired pressure cooker meals. In addition to cooking foods in a fraction of the rmal time with just the push of a few buttons, pressure cookers promise so much more. Completely self-contained, there are models that offer automatic timers and multiple functions, so you can brown meats and saute vegetables before pressure cooking, perhaps simmer in-between steps, and keep a dish warm after it's done. Some models double as rice cookers, steamers and even slow cookers to seal the deal. We already kw that roasts, soups and beans come out tasty, tender and delicious from the pressure cooker. But today's pressure cookers can do so much more. Pressure cooking prevents the oxidation of veggies, using the steamer basket preserves the water-soluble vitamins, the sealed top keep the vitamins from evaporating away, and the quick cooking helps to retain more minerals that could be destroyed by longer cooking times. The result will be more flavour, more color and a retention of up to 95% of vitamins and minerals (vs. regular cooking, which only retains about 40%). Every single recipe in this cookbook has been personally selected, tried and tested by Maria to ensure that each one delivers quick, delicious, and easy to make meal that the entire family will enjoy. And talking about quick and easy, Maria has ensured that readers will find the exact recipes they are looking for with little to trouble at all. Thus, she has divided her cookbook into the following seven distinct chapters: Chapter 1: Appetizers Chapter 2: Soups Chapter 3: Vegetables Chapter 4: Meats Chapter 5: Poultry Chapter 6: Seafood Chapter 7: Desserts The cookbook also comes with general guidelines for its use, quick reference cooking tips and a comprehensive table of cooking times for fruits, vegetables, meats, and fish. So if you're ready to discover creative new recipes for making everything from appetizers to desserts while saving time, nutrient and energy, then you will surely enjoy Maria Holmes' Pressure Cooker Recipe Book: Fast Cooking Under Extreme Pressure.
- Author BiographyMy name is Maria Holmes and I love to cook and eat fine tasting food that's good for you. There are few things as satisfying as sitting down to a homemade meal with those you love. I am by no means a professional chef, but I would like to think that I'm a good home cook. I especially love to create delicious meals that are easy to prepare and made with a minimum of fuss. I believe that if it takes too long to prepare, then it better be worth it! My interest in cooking came to me while I was working as a waitress in a small local cafe. I loved everything about it ... the amazing smells of simmering soup and freshly baked bread, the spicy aroma of a healthy bowl of gumbo, and the melt in your mouth goodness of an apple pie that just came out of the oven. The art of baking and cooking captivated my soul. My Incurable Disease But my newly found love for cooking came at a cost. I have developed a severe (but non-life-threatening) disease called Low-Resistance-to-Yummy-Recipes-Syndrome (a.k.a Cookbookitis). One of the symptoms of this disease is the complete inability to resist collecting cookbooks, magazines with recipes, even those little brand name mini-cookbooks positioned oh-so-temptingly next to grocery store checkout lanes. For years I tried to get around this by doing most of my major grocery shopping at Costco. But guess what? Costco started selling cookbooks and now my collection continues to grow. I'm slightly embarrassed to say that I have at least 500, maybe more, cookbooks (now I did say it's a disease!). I am going to try to inventory my collection of cookbooks soon. I'll let you know how many I have when I finally catalogue and classify all of them. With soooooo many cookbooks, I am always trying to find the best foods to feed my family. I am passionate about only serving my family meals that will strengthen, grow, and energize them. I have been reading my many cookbooks and started thinking about creating my own cookbooks and sharing my many creations with other avid home cooks. There is always so much to learn! You will notice that I try to keep my cooking style clean and simple. I know that the more simple I keep it, the more likely I'm going to succeed in consistently preparing beautiful and tasty meals. It's been a journey of learning and experimenting in the kitchen, but one that I've greatly enjoyed. I hope that my cookbooks will help you in your journey as well!
- Author(s)Maria Holmes
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.