All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionPrestige examines whether social prestige is still an important axis of the stratification hierarchy. It appears that prestige has lost some of the close connection with social position it had in estates societies. Prestige distribution patterns have changed and individualized gradations emerged, while agreement in the occupational prestige in Poland is lower than in the West and still declining. However, low consensus in occupational prestige rankings does t entail a disintegration of respect rms as such: personal prestige is still a relevant factor in designing life strategies and people do care about respect. This volume presents empirical evidence that all social classes recognize the motivational, integrative and satisfying functions of prestige.
- Author BiographyHenryk Domanski is Professor of Sociology at the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw, Head of the Department of Social Structure and Head of the Department of Studies on Methods and Techniques of Sociological Research. His main interests are social stratification and mobility, labour market segmentation, inequality of sex and methodology of social research.
- Author(s)Henryk Domanski
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Social Sciences, Philosophy and History of Ideas
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byPatrycja Poniatowska
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.