All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
About this product
- DescriptionPresumptuous of Me to Think Otherwise Did you ever wonder if the Muslim woman in the headscarf was a foreigner, or if she was forced to wear the headscarf by her male relatives? What about the Arab man walking with four women at the mall, are they all his wives? Presumptuous of Me to Think Otherwise takes you on a hilarious journey into the everyday lives of American Muslims. It is a thought-provoking and lighthearted comical diary that explores the issues of self-identity in children, cultural misconception of what it means to be Muslim among fellow Muslims, and the general perception of Muslims in the public sphere.
- Author BiographyKhadija Athman is a Kenyan-born American Muslim, living in Virginia with her American-born husband and two American-born daughters. Her obsession with the issue of identity is as strong as her adoptive country's obsession on the subject matter. Illustrator Nusaybah Yasin is a young artist attending middle school in Virginia. She is also the author's daughter. This was a mother-teenage daughter collaboration and they are happy to report that no one was hurt in the making of this book.
- Author(s)Khadija a Athman
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nsaybah R Yasin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.