All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the best-selling author of Billy the Kid and Route 66, a true-life story of a torious outlaw that magnificently re-creates the vanished, impoverished world of Dust Bowl America. Michael Wallis evokes the hard times of the era as he follows the life of Charles Pretty Boy Floyd from his coming of age, when there were jobs and food, to his descent into a life of petty crime, bootlegging, murder, and prison. Before long he was one of the FBI's original public enemies. After a series of spectacular bank robberies he was slain in an Ohio field in 1934 at the age of thirty. Pretty Boy is social history at its best, portraying, with a sweeping style, the larger story of the hardscrabble farmers whose lives were so intolerably shattered by the Depression.
- Author BiographyMichael Wallis is the best-selling author of Route 66, Billy the Kid, Pretty Boy, and David Crockett. He hosts the PBS series American Roads. He voiced The Sheriff in the animated Pixar feature Cars. He lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Michael Wallis
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication24/06/2011
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note62 black-and-white illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.