All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForget the image of maiden aunts and country fairs - cake decorating has become cutting edge! Peggy Porschen is at the front of this new trend. Her cute designs have won her a host of celebrity clients - she provided the chocolate Faberge eggs for Elton John's White Tie and Tiara Ball and designed the stunning cake for Stella McCartney's wedding. Her instantly recognisable designs are inspired by current trends: Bollywood mini cakes are lavishly decorated in rich pinks and glitzy golds, cookies include funky handbags, Doris Day Polka dots, candy coloured stripes and romantic sugar blossoms and butterflies. The book begins with an easy-to-follow introduction showing all the equipment, basic recipes and techniques needed to make the cakes. Readers of all skill levels can then go onto the subsequent chapters: Cookies, Cup Cakes, Miniature Cakes and Large Cakes. All the designs have comprehensive instructions and crystal clear photography so that a stunning professional finish can always be achieved.
- Author BiographyPeggy Porschen grew up in Germany, a country renowned for its cakes. She moved to London in 1998 graduating top of her class at the prestigious Cordon Bleu school. From there, she went on to work as a patissiere at the Lanesborough Hotel and with master baker Gerhart Jenne at Konditor and Cook on London's South Bank. Her work is much in demand and she has recently started supplying cakes to Fortnum and Mason. Her designs have also featured in magazines and newspapers such as OK, the Daily Mail and Brides magazine.
- Author(s)Peggy Porschen
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2006
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 100 colour pictures and decorative artwork
- Weight568 g
- Width216 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Photographs byGeorgia Glynn Smith
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.