All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you buy just one book on bipolar disorder, let this be it. There s an old saying: Prevention is better than cure. If you have bipolar disorder, this is especially true. For you, it's incredibly important to read the warning signs of a possible episode. For instance, you may find you are t sleeping as well as usual, or you might be sleeping too much. You may stop doing things that you rmally enjoy, or you may start acting out your impulses in ways that alienate those around you or get you into trouble. While the path to wellness for those with bipolar may involve psychiatric visits and medication adjustments, preventing manic and depressive episodes is the true key to staying healthy and happy. So how do you do it? And most importantly, how can you keep yourself motivated? In this powerful, breakthrough book, bipolar expert Ruth C. White shares her own personal approach to relapse prevention using the invative program SNAP(Sleep, Nutrition, Activity, and People). White also offers practical tips and tracking tools you can use anytime, anywhere. By making necessary lifestyle adjustments, you can maintain balanced moods, recognize the warning signs of an oncoming episode, and make the necessary changes to reduce or prevent it. This is the first and only book on bipolar disorder that focuses exclusively on prevention. To help you stay well, White includes links to helpful online tracking tools so that you can manage your symptoms, anytime, anywhere. If you are ready to stop living in fear of your next episode, this life-changing book can help you take charge of your diagsisand your life.
- Author BiographyRuth C. White, PhD, MPH, MSW, is clinical associate professor at the University of Southern California s School of Social Work and has taught undergraduate and graduate students in social work for fifteen years. White received her MSW from McGill University and her PhD and MPH from the University of California, Berkeley. She has worked as a social worker in Canada, the US, and the UK in various types of social work settings, and she keeps a blog at bipolar-101.blogspot.com. To find out more about White, visit ruthcwhite.com.
- Author(s)Ruth C. White
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight268 g
- Width228 mm
- Height153 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.