All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionGlobally, action to prevent HIV spread is inadequate. Over 16,000 new infections occur every day. Yet we are t helpless in the face of disaster, as shown by the rich prevention experience analyzed in this valuable new compendium. Best pr- tice exists-a set of tried and tested ways of slowing the spread of HIV, of persuading and enabling people to protect themselves and others from the virus. Individually, features of best practice can be found almost everywhere. The tragedy, on a world scale, is that prevention is spotty, t comprehensive; the measures are t being applied on anywhere near the scale needed, or with the right focus or synergy. The national response may concentrate solely on sex workers, for example. Elsewhere, efforts may go into school education for the young, but igre the risks and vulnerability of men who have sex with men. Action may be patchy geographically. AIDS prevention may t benefit from adequate commitment from all parts and sectors of society, compromising the sustainability of the response. In some countries matters are still worse-there is still hardly any action at all against AIDS and scarcely any effort to make HIV visible. It is wonder that the epidemic is still emerging and in some places is altogether out of control.
- Author(s)Laura Gibney
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleAIDS Prevention and Mental Health
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1760 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byRalph J. DiClemente,Sten H. Vermund
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.