All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe need for children and young people to learn about violence against women and girls (VAWG) has been voiced since the late 1980s. This is the first ever book on educational work to prevent VAWG, providing the most comprehensive contribution to our kwledge and understanding in this area. By bringing together international examples of research and practice, the book offers insight into the underpinning theoretical debates and key lessons for practice, addressing the complexities and challenges of developing, implementing and evaluating educational work to prevent VAWG. This multidisciplinary book will be of interest to educationalists, VAWG and child welfare practitioners, policy makers, researchers and students.
- Author BiographyDr. Jane Ellis is Senior Research Fellow at the University of Central Lancashire. She has expertise in violence prevention work in schools and has worked as a teacher and community education worker with children, young people and their families. Dr. Ravi K. Thiara is Principal Research Fellow at the University of Warwick with over 25 years experience in research, evaluation and service development in violence against women. She teaches and supervises PhD students and has published widely.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication22/10/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJane Ellis,Ravi K. Thiara
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.