All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a collection of writings by expert researchers from Canada, the United States, and Australia who are committed to finding common cause and common ground in the prevention of eating disorders and obesity. The eleven chapters in this book seek to create a new public health approach to prevention of the spectrum of weight-related disorders, so that recipients of prevention efforts at multiple levels in society are t left confused and disheartened by conflicting public policies, messages, and programs.
- Author BiographyGail L. McVey is a psychologist and health systems scientist in the Community Health Systems Resource Group at the Hospital for Sick Children, director of the Ontario Community Outreach Program for Eating Disorders, and an associate professor in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto. Michael P. Levine is Samuel B. Cummings Jr. Professor of Psychology at Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio. He studies disordered eating, sociocultural factors, and prevention. Niva Piran is a professor in the Faculty of Education of the University of Toronto, a clinical psychologist, and a school consultant in the area of body image. H. Bruce Ferguson was the founding director of the Community Health Systems Resource Group at the Hospital for Sick Children and is a professor in the departments of Psychiatry and Psychology and the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto.
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication07/02/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight428 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBruce H. Ferguson,Gail L. McVey,Gail McVey,Michael P. Levine,Niva Piran
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.