All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his latest book, Dr. Robert A. Norman introduces us to the intriguing concept of preventive dermatology. Although dermatologists have long been patient advocates and have stressed vigorously on the importance of sun avoidance and protection, there is still much more that we can do to prevent disease. Dr. Norman and his skilled coterie of collaborators discuss two distinct types of prevention in dermatology: the prevention of skin diseases and the prevention of s- temic disorders, some with only very indirect connections to the skin. The frst is fairly well kwn to dermatologists; the second is truly an emerging concept of great importance. Educational efforts to prevent or at least control skin disease may range from the proper use of sunscreens to weight loss in psoriatic patients, the avoidance of trigger factors in rosacea, proper skin care in atopic dermatitis, or adoption of a low-fat diet to decrease the incidence of actinic keratosis and nmelama skin cancer. Ather good example is the use of vaccines to protect against diseases such as herpes zoster and genital HPV infection in females.
- Author BiographyRobert Norman is an experienced geriatric dermatologist and has published several dermatology textbooks.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Notebiography
- Weight975 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRobert Norman
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.