All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is part of a series of Penguin Classics Deluxe Editions. 'Vanity, t love, has been my folly' When Elizabeth Bennet first meets eligible bachelor Fitzwilliam Darcy, she thinks him arrogant and conceited; he is indifferent to her good looks and lively mind. When she later discovers that Darcy has involved himself in the troubled relationship between his friend Bingley and her beloved sister Jane, she is determined to dislike him more than ever. In the sparkling comedy of manners that follows, Jane Austen shows the folly of judging by first impressions and superbly evokes the friendships, gossip and sbberies of provincial middle-class life.
- Author BiographyJane Austen was born in Steventon rectory on 16 December 1775. Her family later moved to Bath, then to Southampton and finally to Chawton in Hampshire. She began writing Pride and Prejudice when she was twenty-two years old. It was originally called First Impressions and was initially rejected by the publishers and only published in 1813 after much revision. She published four of her novels in her lifetime, Sense and Sensibility (1811), Pride and Prejudice (1813), Mansfield Park (1814) and Emma (1816). Jane Austen died on 18th July 1817. Northanger Abbey and Persuasion were both published posthumously in 1818.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight384 g
- Width146 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.79Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $23.95Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.08
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.