All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionStill the biggest concern for many on initial teacher training courses is the acquisition of subject kwledge and the ability to translate that into effective teaching. This book addresses this - building on the core subject kwledge covered in the Achieving QTS series and relating it to classroom practice. It supports trainees in extending and deepening their kwledge of English and demonstrating how to apply it to planning and implementing lessons. Practical and up-to-date teaching examples are used to clearly contextualize subject kwledge. A clear focus on classroom practice helps trainees to build confidence and develop their own teaching strategies.
- Author BiographyDavid Wray taught in primary schools for 10 years and is currently Professor of Literacy Education at the University of Warwick. He has published over 40 books on aspects of literacy teaching and is best known for his work on developing teaching strategies to help pupils access the curriculum through literacy. His work was made an integral part of the National Literacy Strategy in England at both primary (1997) and secondary (2001) levels. More recently he has acted as consultant to a number of electronic learning projects and has begun new research programs exploring the importance and teaching of handwriting, and the use of mobile learning devices. Jane Medwell taught in primary schools in Cardiff and South Devon, before moving into teacher education. She has lectured at the Universities of Cardiff, Plymouth and the College of St Mark and St John, and is currently Director of Teacher Education and Associate Professor at the University of Warwick. Her research and writing has covered areas such as the teaching of writing and the use of electronic books to teach reading. More recently she has begun a major research programme exploring the teaching of handwriting, and has begun a unique programme of teacher education in primary Modern Foreign Languages. She is fluent in French and Russian, and is learning Chinese.
- Author(s)David Wray,Jane A. Medwell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving QTS Extending Knowledge in Practice LM Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note25 illustrations
- Weight262 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.