All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe essential subject kwledge text for primary English. Secure subject kwledge and understanding is the foundation of confident, creative and effective teaching. This comprehensive text includes interactive tasks, a self assessment section to allow trainees to better understand their level of kwledge and M level extension boxes to provide further challenge in all chapters. This 7th edition has been updated in line with the new primary English curriculum and offers comprehensive coverage and research summaries reflecting the latest thinking. This highly recommended text helps trainee primary teachers develop and consolidate their kwledge of English.
- Author BiographyJane Medwell taught in primary schools in Cardiff and South Devon, before moving into teacher education. She has lectured at the Universities of Cardiff, Plymouth and the College of St Mark and St John, and is currently Director of Teacher Education and Associate Professor at the University of Warwick. Her research and writing has covered areas such as the teaching of writing and the use of electronic books to teach reading. More recently she has begun a major research programme exploring the teaching of handwriting, and has begun a unique programme of teacher education in primary Modern Foreign Languages. She is fluent in French and Russian, and is learning Chinese. David Wray taught in primary schools for 10 years and is currently Professor of Literacy Education at the University of Warwick. He has published over 40 books on aspects of literacy teaching and is best known for his work on developing teaching strategies to help pupils access the curriculum through literacy. His work was made an integral part of the National Literacy Strategy in England at both primary (1997) and secondary (2001) levels. More recently he has acted as consultant to a number of electronic learning projects and has begun new research programs exploring the importance and teaching of handwriting, and the use of mobile learning devices. George Moore, now retired, was Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Education, University of Warwick. Vivienne Griffiths is a Professor of Education at Canterbury Christ Church University.
- Author(s)David Wray,George E. Moore,Jane A. Medwell,Vivienne Griffiths
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving QTS Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.