Primary Mathematics Across the Curriculum by Diane Vaukins, Alice Hansen, Alice Earnshaw (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.80Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book supports trainee teachers working towards primary QTS in teaching primary mathematics across all areas of the curriculum. This Second Edition is linked to the 2012 Teachers' Standards. Focused on teaching a more integrated and inclusive curriculum, the text draws out meaningful cross curricular links and embraces the latest thinking and current good practice in mathematics teaching. It begins with a section on teaching mathematics, covering all strands of the curriculum, and goes on to offer guidance on the use and application of mathematics more generally across subjects. A chapter on using mathematics to enahnce learning highlights the importance of being able to use mathematics effectively in other aspects of the teacher's role. Interactive activities and case studies link theory to practice and encourage the reader to rethink how mathematics is taught in primary schools. About the Transforming Primary QTS series This series reflects the new creative way schools are begining to teach, taking a fresh approach to supporting trainees as they work towards primary QTS. Titles provide fully up to date resources focused on teaching a more integrated and inclusive curriculum, and texts draw out meaningful and explicit cross curricular links.
- Author BiographyAlice Hansen is the Director of Children Count Ltd where she is educational consultant. Her work includes running professional development courses and events for teachers and teacher trainers, research and publishing. Alice has worked in education in England and abroad. Prior to her current work she was a primary mathematics tutor and the programme leader for a full-time primary PGCE programme at a large university in England. Diane Vaukins is a senior lecturer / partnership tutor at the University of Cumbria. She is the module leader for the three-year undergraduate mathematics specialist course. Prior to lecturing in higher education she was a primary school teacher and deputy head teacher. She has a keen interest in working with schools to encourage creativity in mathematics.
- Author(s)Alice Earnshaw,Alice Hansen,Diane Vaukins
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTransforming Primary QTS Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight340 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.