Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionThe role of Religious Education within the primary school and how it should be implemented has been the subject of worldwide debate. Responding to the delivery of the n-statutory framework for RE and the recent emphasis on a creative primary curriculum Primary Religious Education - A New Approach models a much needed pedagogical framework, encouraging conceptual enquiry and linking theory to its implementation within the wider curriculum in schools. The book outlines this new conceptual approach to Religious Education and is based upon the Living Difference syllabus successfully implemented in Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton and Westminster. It demonstrates how to implement the requirements of the new QCDA curriculum and Ofsted criteria for effective RE and is rapidly gaining both national and international support. Through this approach, Religious Education is discussed within the larger context of primary education in the contemporary world. This book will help you to teach RE in a creative way in the primary classroom by providing: * historical commentaries * an overview of existing approaches * case studies based upon developments in religious literacy * connections to initiatives such as Every Child Matters and cross-curricular links to other areas of the curriculum, including PSHE. With an all-encompassing global context, this book provides tutors, students and practicing teachers with a firm basis for developing their thinking about the subject of RE, how it is placed in the primary curriculum and how it may be successfully implemented in schools.
- Author BiographyClive Erricker was, until recently, Hampshire County Inspector for Religious Education. Prior to that he was Lecturer in Religious Education at University College Chichester for over a decade. He began his career teaching English and RE in schools. Judith Lowndes is a general inspector/adviser for Religious Education in Hampshire. She has extensive experience of teaching primary pupils and advising on Religious Education provision, she has also been a Lecturer for Religious Education to students and trainee teachers in higher education. Elaine Bellchambers has worked as a teacher and as an Ofsted inspector. She is currently Senior Lecturer in Religious Education and Professional Studies at the University of Winchester and responsible for co-ordinating primary Religious Education.
- Author(s)Clive Erricker,Elaine Bellchambers,Judith Lowndes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/07/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.