All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you lack confidence in teaching the more difficult areas of primary science? Do you want accessible, well structured support? Yes? Then this handy book is for you...It provides a combination of engaging, practical lesson ideas and subject kwledge to help you teach the trickiest parts of primary science such as materials and their properties, magnetism, circuits, forces and life processes. Using strategies that have been successfully used in primary school classrooms, it explains the most difficult topics in a simple, n-technical style. It includes a range of accessible ideas, hints and tips with a focus on providing a skills-based, problem-solving approach to learning. Each topic area includes advice on: How to link the topic with other areas of learning Identifying and challenging common misconceptions How to effectively pre-assess the learners' ideas to best meet their needs Practical activities for challenging and developing children's ideas Explanatory models to help pupils consolidate their understandingThis book provides friendly support and guidance to anyone teaching or training to teach primary science.
- Author BiographyNeil Rutledge is Senior Lecturer in Science at the University of Cumbria, UK and also runs science CPD programmes for Cumbria LEA and for the Science Learning Centre. He has been nominated for the National Teaching Fellowship scheme.
- Author(s)Neil Rutledge
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight253 g
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.