Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.14Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a textbook on electromagnetics for undergraduate students in electrical engineering, information, and communications. The book contents are very compact and brief compared to other commonly kwn electromagnetic books for undergraduate students and emphasizes mathematical aspects of basic electromagnetic theory. The book presents basic electromagnetic theory starting from static fields to time-varying fields. Topics are divided into static electric fields, static magnetic fields, time-varying fields, and electromagnetic waves. The goal of this textbook is to lead students away from memorization, but towards a deeper understanding of formulas that are used in electromagnetic theory. Many formulas commonly used for electromagnetic analysis are mathematically derived from a few empirical laws. Physical interpretations of formulas are de-emphasized. Each important formula is framed to indicate its significance. Primary Theory of Electromagnetics shows a clear and rigorous account of formulas in a consistent manner, thus letting students understand how electromagnetic formulas are related to each other.
- Author BiographyHyo J. Eom received the B.S. degree in electronic engineering from Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, in 1973, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Kansas, Lawrence, USA, in 1977 and 1982, respectively. From 1981 to 1984, he was a Research Associate at the Remote Sensing Laboratory, University of Kansas. From 1984 to 1989, he was with the Faculty of the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA. In 1989, he joined the Department of Electrical Engineering, KAIST, Daejeon, Korea, where he is now a Professor. His research interests are electromagnetic wave theory and scattering.
- Author(s)Hyo J. Eom
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- Series TitlePower Systems
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note148 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight482 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.