All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionPrimates communicate with each other using a wide range of signals: olfactory signals to mark territories, screams to recruit help while fighting, gestures to request food and facial expressions to initiate play. Primate Communication brings together research on all forms of interchange and discusses what we kw about primate communication via vocal, gestural, facial, olfactory and integrated multimodal signals in relation to a number of central topics. It explores the morphological, neural and cognitive foundations of primate communication through discussion of cutting-edge research. By considering signals from multiple modalities and taking a unified multimodal approach, the authors offer a uniquely holistic overview of primate communication, discussing what we kw, what we don't kw and what we may currently misunderstand about communication across these different forms. It is essential reading for researchers interested in primate behaviour, communication and cognition, as well as students of primatology, psychology, anthropology and cognitive sciences.
- Author BiographyKatja Liebal is Assistant Professor of Evolutionary Psychology at the Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany. Bridget Waller is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Psychology and Acting Director of the Centre for Comparative and Evolutionary Psychology at the University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, UK. Katie Slocombe is Senior Lecturer in the Psychology Department at the University of York, York, UK and Scientific Director of the Budongo Trail Chimpanzee Exhibit at Edinburgh Zoo, Edinburgh, UK. Anne Burrows is an Associate Professor at Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Author(s)Anne M. Burrows,Bridget M. Waller,Katie E. Slocombe,Katja Liebal
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note64 b/w illus. 8 tables
- Weight760 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.