All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionCancer is a general term which applies to a broad spectrum of malignant diseases. For most patients, the diagsis of cancer evokes images of intractable pain, mutilation, and impending death. Many of these feelings are derived from distortions of one's experiences with relatives or friends, or are based on misconceptions or myths about the disease itself. Fortunately, techlogic and therapeutic advances have created a more optimistic future for the cancer patient. Health care teams, specializing in oncology, are defining and attending to the special needs of cancer patients. They are developing cancer management profiles for each patient which involve t only the primary diagstic and therapeutic aspects of the disease but also its secondary effects on physiologic and psychologic processes. The purpose of this primer is to function as a general guide for managing all stages of cancer-from the early curable tumor to advanced metastasis. Therapy for such patients may require surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or a combination of modalities including immune therapy. This text will focus on cancer care and the role of the staff in the following general areas: (1) the communication of the diagsis and the characteristics of the disease; (2) the application of the therapeutic modalities; (3) the management of secondary symptoms such as pain; and (4) the development of support services such as psychological counseling.
- Author(s)J. J. Lokich
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight456 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.