All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic two-volume work, first published in 1871, was highly influential in the establishment of cultural evolution as the basis for anthropologic studies. Author Edward B. Tylor is widely regarded as the founder of anthropology as a scientific discipline. Volume 1 focuses on social evolution, language, and myth.
- Author BiographyEnglish academic Edward Burnett Tylor (1832-1917) was the first Professor of Anthropology at the University of Oxford. Tylor, who conducted fieldwork in Mexico during the mid-1850s, maintained an evolutionary view of the development of culture and religion. He posited that animism, or the belief in spirits, formed the original basis of religion.
- Author(s)Edward Tylor
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight635 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.