All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the early part of the sixteenth century England should have been ruled by King Arthur Tudor, t Henry VIII. Had the first-born son of Henry VII - Arthur, Prince of Wales (1486-1502) - lived into adulthood, his younger brother Henry would never have become King Henry VIII. The subsequent history of England would have been very different; since the massive religious, social and political changes of the Henry VIII's reign might t have been necessary at all. In naming his eldest son Arthur, Henry VII was making an impressive statement about what the Tudors hoped to achieve as rulers within Britain. Since the story of Arthur as a British hero was very well-kwn to all ranks of the crown's subjects, the name alone gave the young prince a great deal to live up to. Through Arthur's education, exposure to power and responsibility, his key marriage to a Spanish princess, Catherine of Aragon, and his preparation for kingship, did Henry VII hope to shape his heir into a paragon of kingship that all of Britain could look up to? This biography explores all of these aspects of Prince Arthur's life, his relationship with his brother and imagines what type of king he might have been. The book is illustrated with 50 illustrations, 30 in colour.
- Author BiographyDr Sean Cunningham has worked for The National Archives for fifteen years and is currently Principal Records Specialist for Medieval, Early Modern and Legal. His other books include 'Henry VII', 'Richard III: A Royal Enigma' and 'Penguin Monarchs Series: Henry VII' (forthcoming). He is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and lives in London.
- Author(s)Sean Cunningham
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note50
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.