CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the latest thinking of today's ecomists on important microecomic and macroecomic phemena while developing with a solid global understanding of basic ecomic principles with Boyes/Melvin's popular PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS, 9E, International Edition. A reader-friendly writing style, carefully integrated learning features, and emphasis on global ecomics clearly illustrate the connections between key ecomic principles and today's actual business practices. This edition's updates, timely revisions and memorable examples ensure readers are familiar with the latest ecomic statistics and developments. Revised microecomics materials emphasize the fundamentals and practical application of current events, while new macroecomics coverage highlights the recent financial crisis and its global implications. Readers find the understanding of ecomic concepts and applications they need for career and business success throughout the world.
- Author BiographyDr. William Boyes is professor of economics at Arizona State University. He received his Ph.D. in economics from the Claremont Graduate School in 1974. Before joining the Arizona State faculty, he was the Distinguished Visiting Professor of Business at Weber State University; visiting professor at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China and the University of London, London, England, and lectured at ITAM in Mexico City; and was the dean of the College of Business at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. Dr. Boyes has also served as chairman of the Economics Department at ASU and has been an economist with Security Pacific National Bank (now Bank of America). He has been a consultant to the White House, the Commerce Department, the Federal Trade Commission, and several private firms. He is the director of the office of economic education at ASU and a member of the Pacific Research Institute's Academic Advisory Board. Dr. Boyes has received many teaching awards, including the Golden Key National Honor Society Outstanding Professor Award at ASU in 1988, the Outstanding Teacher in the MBA Program Award at ASU in 1994, the Outstanding Teacher in the College of Business Award at ASU in 1995, Huizingh Outstanding Honors Professor in 2007, and Outstanding MBA Professor in 2008. Michael Melvin is currently Head of Currency Research at Barclays Global Investors. He also retains affiliations at the Arizona State University Department of Economics and the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley. Dr. Melvin received his Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1980. He has served as a visiting scholar at the Federal Reserve Board and the International Monetary Fund, was a Fulbright Professor at the University of Frankfurt, and has been a visiting professor at UCLA, Northwestern University, U.C. San Diego, and the University of Hawaii. His field of specialization is International Finance, and he is the coeditor of the Journal of International Money and Finance.
- Author(s)Michael Melvin,William J. Boyes
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1475 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 9th revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.