All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionGain a stronger foundation with optimal ground improvement Before you break ground on a new structure, you need to analyze the structure of the ground. Expert analysis and optimization of the geo-materials on your site can mean the difference between a lasting structure and a school in a sinkhole. Sometimes problematic geology is expected because of the location, but other times it's only unearthed once construction has begun. You need to be able to quickly adapt your project plan to include an improvement to unfavorable ground before the project can safely continue. Principles and Practice of Ground Improvement is the only comprehensive, up-to-date compendium of solutions to this critical aspect of civil engineering. Dr. Jie Han, registered Professional Engineer and preeminent voice in geotechnical engineering, is the ultimate guide to the methods and best practices of ground improvement. Han walks you through various ground improvement solutions and provides theoretical and practical advice for determining which technique fits each situation. * Follow examples to find solutions to complex problems * Complete homework problems to tackle issues that present themselves in the field * Study design procedures for each technique to simplify field implementation * Brush up on modern ground improvement techlogies to keep abreast of all available options Principles and Practice of Ground Improvement can be used as a textbook, and includes Powerpoint slides for instructors. It's also a handy field reference for contractors and installers who actually implement plans. There are many ground improvement solutions out there, but there is single right answer to every situation. Principles and Practice of Ground Improvement will give you the information you need to analyze the problem, then design and implement the best possible solution.
- Author BiographyDr. JIE HAN is a professor of Geotechnical Engineering at the Department of Civil, Environmental, & Architectural Engineering at the University of Kansas. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), a registered Professional Engineer in Georgia, a member of a number of technical committees and boards, and the author of more than 200 papers published in journals and conference proceedings.
- Author(s)Jie Han
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1248 g
- Width222 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.